Happy Earth Day! I really love nature and think about the environment a lot. I can get really overwhelmed, but I have made it a point to do what I can to leave the planet better than I found it. Living a completely sustainable or zero waste lifestyle is hard so I do my best to make continual small adjustments to create long lasting lifestyle changes.
- Bring my own bags to the any store. No more leaving them in the car.
- Completely cut out plastic water bottles – emotional support reusable waterbottle never leaves my side!
- Decrease my water and energy usage at home: Short showers, faucet off when I am brushing my teeth, full loads in the dishwasher, minimal lights/heat/AC.
- Recycle in all rooms of the house (not just the kitchen). And make sure everything is clean and dry before it goes in the bin. Remove caps from lids, tape from boxes, and labels from glass bottles.
- Cut back on paper towels. I bought a bunch of THESE to use as napkins and dishtowels. I also have a stash of cloths to use when I clean around the house.
- I have stopped buying “mini” bottles of toiletries over and over. I have a set of small reusable bottles that I refill when I need them.
- Use wool dryer balls – no more dryer sheets!
- Single use plastics – a constant struggle! To-go iced tea is my weakness.
- Refill shop. I found one near my house!
- Menstrul cup. Hard to make the jump on this one.
- Switch to eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Composting – TBD.
- Curbed: How To Live Sustainably (A great list with cute illustrations)
- Eco Friendly Habits: Sustainable Living (65 suggestions!)
- Marie Claire: Sustainable Living (Love the fashion & apparel ideas)
PLACES TO SHOP